In this podcast and webinar series, Florida Organic Growers provides information on food safety topics that farmers can use to better understand how to comply with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) regulations.
The Food Safety for Farmers podcast and webinar series is free and available on Florida Organic Grower's website. This series was produced by Florida Organic Growers with support by a grant from the Food Safety Outreach Program from the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture.
Podcast episodes are 20-30 minutes in length and cover the following topics:
- Episode 1: "Microbiology of Foodborne Pathogens and Their Effect on Food Safety"
- Episode 2: "Post-Harvest Water Use and Strategies to Mitigate Food Safety Risks on Your Farm"
- Episode 3: "Understanding 7 Major Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Rules"
- Episode 4: "Farm Food Safety Audits: Lessons Learned from Farmers"
- Episode 5 "Understanding the FSMA Agricultural Water Rule"
Webinars go deeper into topics covered in the podcast and include discussion on commonly asked questions from farmers.
Access all podcast and webinars here: https://foginfo.org/food-safety-for-producers/